The Art and Science of the Plié - Teaching Certificate
Time & Location
About the Event
Join Franklin Method Faculty Shannon Murphy for 45 hours of Franklin Method training this summer beginning in July 2021.
Learn the cutting edge science behind Dynamic Neuro-Cognitive Imagery (DNI) as applied to dance performance and education. The focus will be on developing mind-body connections that enhance technique, performance and expressivity through mental training & physical insights for both dancers and dance educators. If you are interested in expanding your pedagogy and deepening your own embodiment this module is for you! Franklin Method's student center approach moves anatomy and kinesiology into an experience increasing your level of embodied function. You'll be certified to teach the well-known workshop "The Art of the Pié" which has been taught at The Ailey School, American Dance Festival, The Juilliard School, Royal Danish Ballet, and University of the Arts to name a few. You'll also learn how to use the Franklin Method balls and bands as well as apply Franklin Method principles into your dance practices and teaching.
THIS TRAINING INCLUDES:
Pre-certification video course study through Franklin Method Institute:
- Franklin Method Principles
- Introduction to Anatomy
- Pelvic Power online course
- Three week of intensive learning. (July 6-8, 20-22, and. August 3-5 //Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday 10:00 - 4:00 PM EST with an hour lunch break)
- Two weeks of peer study groups
- Video playbacks for the entirety of the training
- Franklin Method for Dance Training Manual
- Exclusive Certification to Teach the Franklin Method Workshop: The Art of the Plié
- Access to an Educator's Resource page through Franklin Method
- 50% off all online courses
All participants are required to have Franklin Method orange Smooth, or red Easy Grip Ball Set, the Franklin Method 11 ft band in either blue or green and the text book "Conditioning for Dance" 2nd edition, by Eric Franklin. Please note that since we are meeting virtually, you'll need to order your own balls, bands, and text book. Once you register you'll get an email with links to purchase your equipment.
Full Tuition: $1949.00
- $450 (virtual learning discount)
Register before June 5th
Full Tuition- $1195
Supported tuition through partial scholarship is available for those who register before June 5th.
Simply email email@example.com and state you'll need support to receive an additional discount code.
2 hours 30 minutesDay 1 Part 1
2 hours 30 minutesDay 1 Part 2