Mon, Jun 14|
Systems of Vitality
Join Shannon Murphy, William Robinson, and Sara Yassky for 4 weeks of collective and collaborative body-based explorations in the practice of noticing, sensing, moving, and becoming.
Time & Location
Jun 14, 2021, 6:00 PM – Jul 07, 2021, 8:30 PM
About the event
Systems of Vitality
- June 14 through July 7
- Workshops are virtual Monday and Wednesday evenings from 6-8:30 pm EST (Although we ask that folks try to attend via zoom live, all workshops will be recorded and shared with participants for 6 weeks. )
- Weekly Practice Prompts will be given each week. Practices can be done in person or virtual depending on location and comfort. Small groups will be determined and participants are expected to explore together 1-2 hours per week.
Each week we will focus on a different system of vitality in the collective and politicized body, offering proposals and inquiries of how these systems can support the possibilities of moving in complex and dynamic relationships to ourselves and others. We will explore our interiors, the interstice between one another, and the ecologies that shape us.
- Heartbeat - rhythms, and responses
- Breathing - exchange
- Nervous System - engagement and connection
- Digestion- transformation
This workshop is for dancers, movers, artists, and any sensate bodies interested in exploring movement and being from the inside out. There are two ways to participate, join the workshop in its entirety or drop into weekly Monday evening workshops.
Ways to Participate:
Track A: Participants sign up for the whole thing! Includes:
- Session one: Monday 6–8:30 pm
- Session two (just for Track A folks) Wednesday 6–8:30 pm
- Practice groups 1-2 hrs per week
- Podcasts and PDFs as weekly resource materials
- Final wrap up (Time and Date TBA)
- $368 - Pay It Forward (This structure is 15% more than the cost of the tuition. Consider this payment if you are financially stable and can contribute financially towards another student who is not)
- $320 - Full tuition
- Supported tuition: please email firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will work with you.
Track B: Drop into Monday evening workshops. Payment: $35
Register here: https://www.schedulicity.com/scheduling/SMDNX48
About the facilitators:
Shannon Murphy is dance artist, educator and Franklin Method practitioner whose movement practices illuminate interdependent connectivity with others. As an adjunct professor she works at Stockton University and University of the Arts where she is the Curricular Head of Body Pathways. She has performed and created alongside my Philadelphia based artists. Currently Shannon leads an improvisational performance practice, Dark Moon.
William Robinson is a dance artist, educator and small business owner based in Philadelphia PA. Currently William is an adjunct professor of dance at Georgian Court University, and works professionally in projects led by Silvana Cardell, Shannon Murphy, and Jumatatu Poe.
Sara Yassky is a white, queer, non-binary dance artist, somatic psychotherapist, politicized healing practitioner and bodyworker in Philadelphia. They have collaborated nationally on creative practice, research and performance for the past 20 years,. Currently Sara holds a private somatic therapy practice for queer and tgnc folks, teaches somatic workshops wtih a focus of reslience and trauma, and studies practices of touch and aliveness.